A Comprehensive Guide on Cleaning Stainless-Steel Handles
Oct 09, 2018
Cleaning stainless-steel handles is essential to maintain their original quality and prevent discoloration. In this quick and easy guide, we will provide you with step-by-step instructions to effectively clean your stainless-steel handles. By following these tips, you can keep your handles looking their best and prolong their lifespan.
- Prepare a cleaning solution by combining filtered clean water and a small amount of liquid detergent in a bucket. Use a cleaning sponge for the next steps.
- Dampen the cleaning sponge with the soapy water solution.
- Gently wipe and clean your handles with the damp sponge, ensuring to cover all areas.
- After cleaning, use a soft cloth to wipe off any excess moisture and thoroughly dry the handles.
- If your stainless-steel handles have tea staining or stubborn stains, use a mild abrasive cleaner and scrub gently to loosen the grime and remove the discoloration. Avoid using steel wool as it can leave residue and promote rusting.
- Always clean and rub the stainless-steel handles in the same direction as the grain to avoid damaging the finish and causing surface crevices that may lead to corrosion spots. This is especially important for polished stainless steel handles.
- Once you have used a cleaner, polish the handles with a soft microfiber cloth to restore their shine and maintain their quality. Regular care and maintenance will ensure long-lasting use.
- If you are unsure about the material of your handles or need specific care instructions, feel free to contact the Handle House team for guidance on maintaining the quality finish of your products.
Understanding Stainless Steel Maintenance: Stainless steel handles are resistant to corrosion, but they require regular cleaning to prevent stains and discoloration. Tea staining, a brownish discoloration, can occur over time, especially in areas with high chloride content in the water. While Handle House's stainless-steel products are of the highest Australian quality and highly corrosion-resistant, it's important to note that all stainless steel can stain and discolour over time. Regular maintenance and cleaning help control these effects, particularly in coastal areas. Proper cleaning and maintenance are essential to keep your stainless-steel handles looking their best and preventing stains and discoloration.
Number 1 Stainless Steel Cleaning Product: Nver Dull Bi-Stainless Steel Cleaner
By following the step-by-step cleaning process outlined in this guide, using suitable cleaning products, and maintaining regular care, you can preserve the quality and appearance of your stainless-steel handles for years to come.
For Handle House's range of stainless-steel handles and products: