Here is a quick and easy guide on How to Clean your Stainless Steel Handles.
- It is recommended to use filtered clean water in a bucket with a small dose of liquid detergent and a cleaning sponge.
- Mix the detergent through the water and dampen the cleaning sponge.
- Squeeze any excess water, wipe over and clean your handles with the damp, soapy sponge.
- Once they are clean simply wipe over with a dry soft cloth and dry thoroughly.
- If tea staining has already occurred, scrub your handles using a mild abrasive cleaner or our specialist metal cleaner (Nver-Dull) which can be purchased from Handle House. This will help to loosen grime and remove the tea staining.
- DO NOT use steel wool as this will leave a steel residue which will prone to rusting.
- DO NOT go against the grain! Always rub stainless in the same direction as the grain. Rubbing against the grain can spoil the finish and cause the stainless to lose its shine, (especially on Polished Stainless Steel). This also can create surface crevices that can lead to corrosion spots.
- Once you have used a cleaner, clean and then polish with a soft microfibre cloth to buff and polish your handles. Maintaining the care of your handles will give you a longer lasting use.
- If you are unsure of the material of your chosen products, please do not hesitate to contact Handle House team to discuss the best way to care for and maintain the quality finish of your product.
The term Stainless Steel means exactly that, “stain less”, rather than, “no stain steel”.
As stainless steel does not have an outer coating it is necessary to provide regular cleaning to ensure your product remains at its highest original quality.
Naturally all stainless steel handles can overtime occur a brown discolouration, this is also known as tea staining. This is a phenomenon that happens where water with significant of chloride content that is in regular contact with the metal surface. This is common especially along the coastlines of Australia, however with regular maintenance this event can be controlled for any handles exposed to these kinds of conditions.
Handle House’s stainless steel products are of highest Australian quality material and are very resistant to corrosion. Factors however still exists that can cause any stainless steel to stain and discolour. This is a natural process and does not indicate a fault or defect in the manufacturing process of our products.